Deadline for Government of Flanders Masters Degrees: 1 February–6 April 2023 (annual)
Education in Belgium Course begins in 2023.
Outstanding students from all around the world are given scholarships by the Flemish Ministry of Education to attend master’s studies in Flanders and Brussels. The programme aims to highlight Brussels and Flanders as premier study destinations.
University of Leuven, or KU Leuven
Universities in Antwerp, Ghent, Hasselt, and Brussels Free University
schools of applied sciences and the arts
Maritime Academy of Antwerp AP Brussels’ Erasmus University of Applied Sciences and the Arts Applied Sciences and Arts University HOGENT Applied Sciences and Arts University KdG Applied Sciences and Arts University LUCA School of the Arts PXL Applied Sciences and Arts University
Level and area of study:
All eligible master’s degree programmes—with the exception of remote learning, preparatory programs, and bridging programmes—offered by participating Belgian institutions.
Amount of Awards:
international pupils from different nations. A handful of scholarships are only available to citizens of specific nations, including three each from Japan, Mexico, Palestine, and the United States. (5).
Scholarship amount and length:
A Master Mind Scholarship comes with a stipend of €9,600 and a waiver of the annual tuition price. Only an administrative enrolling fee is charged to recipients of the Master Mind Scholarship. The Flemish Host Institution might ask the applicant to pay a tuition price that equals the lowest rate of the yearly tuition cost for a student who gets a study grant from the Flemish government. The fee is €128,80 for the academic year 2023–2024.
For master’s programmes of 60 ECTS or 120 ECTS, the mobility period lasts one academic year and two academic years, respectively.
• The applicant submits an application to enrol in a Master’s degree programme at a university in Flanders (referred to as the “Flemish host institution” above).
• The candidate should demonstrate strong academic aptitude and performance. The student has a 3.5 out of 4.0 Grade Point Average.
• The pupil is proficient in the English language. (please check the official website for the specific requirements)
• In order to be eligible for the scholarship, the student must be accepted by the host university. This requirement still holds true even if the Host school decides to accept the student after choosing the Master Mind Scholarships programme.
• Only one Flemish higher education institution may nominate the candidate. The applicant must select one Flemish higher education institution to submit his or her application to the Mobility Online tool if they have been preselected by more than one Flemish higher education institution.
• All nationalities, excluding Russian, are eligible to apply. The preceding degree should have been earned from a university outside of Flanders.
• Students who are already enrolled at a Flemish higher education institution cannot apply.
Visit the official website to get the complete list of requirements. (link below).
Direct applications from students are not permitted. The host institution must receive your application. The application must be filed online by the Flemish host institution, which preselects the acceptable applications. The application deadline is April 28, 2023, 23:59 GMT. Check the internal deadlines the Flemish Host Institution has established, which might range from 1 February to 6 April 2023.
For comprehensive instructions on how to apply for this scholarship, it is crucial to read the How to Apply page and go to the official website (link provided below).
Official Scholarship Website the website studyinflanders.be/scholarships/master-mind-scholarships